The general election this year is on Tuesday, November 8, 2016. For registration and voting information, select “Voting Info” at the top right corner of this page.
The Boston Ward 19 Democratic Committee and its neighboring committees will hold an issues forum so that you can be informed about ballot questions in the November 8 general election:
- Date: Thursday, October 13, 2016, 6:30 pm.
- Location: First Baptist Church, 633 Centre Street, Jamaica Plain, at the corner of Green and Myrtle Streets, adjacent to the Jamaica Plain Post Office and JP Licks. The Number 39 bus stops in both directions, and the church is about a 10-minute walk from the Green Street T Station.
- The forum is sponsored by Ward 9 (South End, Roxbury), Ward 10 (Mission Hill), Ward 11 (Jamaica Plain, Roxbury), Ward 12 (Roxbury), Ward 18 (Hyde Park) , Ward 19 (Jamaica Plain, Roslindale), and Ward 20 (Roslindale, West Roxbury). Light refreshments will be served.
- The public is invited, and there is no charge.
The Boston Ward 19 Democratic Committee fundraiser will feature Jimmy Tingle with his humorous observations of the current political season:
- Date Monday, October 17, 2016
- Location: Doyle’s Cafe Back Room, 3484 Washington Street, Jamaica Plain, MA, a 7-minute walk from the Green Street T Station.
- Minimum requested donation: $25.00. Please contact the ward committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Members of the committee will have tickets for sale.
- The presentation will begin at 6:30 pm. The Ward Committee will provide appetizers, and you can order drinks.
It was standing room only at the candidates’ forum on Tuesday, August 23, 2016:
At the completion of the forum, the Ward 19 Democratic Committee voted to endorse the following candidates for contested races in the September 8 Democratic primary:
- Senator, Second Suffolk: Sonia Rosa Chang-Díaz
- Representative, Eleventh Suffolk: Elizabeth A. Malia
- Sheriff, Suffolk County: Steven W. Tompkins
The Boston Neighborhood Network (bnntv.org) recorded the forum. You can watch it at https://bnntv.org/vod/bnn-special-events/bnn-election-coverage-farnsworth-house-candidates-night
At the most recent presentation on the project delay, at Boston English High School on July 20, the DOT representatives announced that the next regular office visits will be at Curtis Hall on August 23, 5:30-7:30.
Please contact Jim Kersten with any questions at email@example.com or 857-368-9041.
At their annual meeting in December, JP Progressives honored Ward 19 Committee member Henia Handler, for earning the first ever Golden Clipboard for JP Activist of the Year.
Representative Liz Malia, Henia Handler, Attorney General Maura Healey
Our friend Howard Leibowitz, former Ward 19 Co-Chair, and a true friend of the City of Boston, passed away this past Sunday, December 27, 2015. Howard was a true leader for the City of Boston who cared for all Boston, and he will truly be missed.
Please click here to read tributes and remembrances to Howard, and to leave personal messages.
Funeral services and burial are private at the request of the family. A public Memorial Service for Howard’s friends and colleagues will be announced shortly.
After the candidates’ forum on Monday, October 19, the committee met and voted the following endorsements. All were subsequently elected to the Boston City Council on November 3.
- Annissa Essaibi-George
- Ayanna Pressley
- Michelle Wu
For District City Couincillor:
- Ward 4: Andrea Campbell
- Ward 6: Matt O’Malley