Here are the dates and deadlines you need to know to vote in the 2020 General Election:
- October 17: Early voting in person starts.
- October 24: Last day to register to vote. Click here to register or update your information.
- October 28: Last day to request a mail-in ballot. It is recommended that you submit your application for a November ballot no later than October 20.
- October 30: Last day to vote early in person.
- November 3: Election Day. Mail-in ballots must be postmarked by November 3 and Received by November 6.
During the early voting period, Boston City Hall is the main early voting polling location. City Hall will be open for voting Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. On Tuesday and Thursday, City Hall will stay open until 8 p.m. for early voting. The Election Department will post additional information on early voting locations when that information is available. Click here to check on locations.
City of Boston Election Department
Click here for an absentee ballot application. Please note that an absentee ballot requires a first class stamp to mail.
Information for voters: registration, absentee ballot, your elected representatives, polling location, etc.:
State Elections Division
Click here for the absentee ballot application. Please note that an absentee ballot requires a first class stamp to mail.