ARTICLE SEVEN: GENERAL OPERATIONS
- There shall be 10 scheduled monthly Committee meetings for all members each organizational year. At least 5 of the monthly meetings shall include community issues.
- The Executive Committee, Standing Committees and ad hoc committees shall meet as circumstances require.
B) Special Meetings:
- Special meetings shall be called by the Secretary on written petition of
a) at least 20% of the elected Committee members OR
b) a majority of the members of the Executive Committee.
- The Secretary shall give members at least 7 calendar days notice of the special meeting’s: purpose, date site and agenda.
A quorum for the conduct of official Committee business shall be 40% of its voting members.
However, a majority of its voting members must be present when voting
1.to amend the bylaws,
2. to endorse a candidate, OR
3. to elect individuals to be voting members of the Committee.
Voting members on approved leave of absence under the provisions of Article 4/removal are not to be included in the number of voting members used to calculate the quorum.
D) Participation in Committees:
To encourage and promote the participation of all Ward 19 Democrats, the Committee is dedicated to and welcomes the participation of associate members, guests and visitors at its Ward Committee, standing committee and ad hoc committee meetings.
- Voting members are pledged to consider Associate Member, guest and visitor contributions to the discussion prior to voting on Committee matters.
- Associate members have the right to participate in all Ward Committee, standing committee and ad hoc committee discussions. Associate members also have the right to vote when serving as members of standing or ad hoc committees.
- Guest and visitor participation is at the discretion of the chairperson or the particular committee.
|Final Adopted By-laws Enacted September 2012 of the Ward 19 Jamaica Plain – Roslindale Democratic Committee||Page – 9 – of 14|
ARTICLE SEVEN: GENERAL OPERATIONS – Continued
E) Order of Business: The order of business for Committee Meetings shall be:
1. Monthly Meetings:
a. Call to order
b.Vote on Secretary’s and Treasurer’s reports
c. Co-Chairs’ Reports
d. Program Speaker(s), priority committee reports, and/or elected official(s)
e. Old business
f. New business
g. Good and Welfare Announcements
h. Vote to Adjourn
2. Special Meetings:
d. Vote as required
The order of business may be waived by a majority vote of the members present and voting.
The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised shall govern the Committee in all cases in which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with these bylaws and any special rules of order the Committee may adopt.
|Final Adopted By-laws Enacted September 2012 of the Ward 19 Jamaica Plain – Roslindale Democratic Committee||Page – 10 – of 14|